When you are working, you can’t exercise or engage in other physical activities, so you need to keep a count of the calories you are consuming every day. Otherwise, you will not be able to maintain the perfect shape you are in.
But how can you count your calorie intake for everything that goes inside your stomach? Well, through setting aside some lunch ideas that give you less than or equal to 400 calories per meal.
What are the two best low calorie lunch recipes? Let’s find out!
1. Herbed Cheese and Tomato Sandwich – Only 398 Calories!
You may or may not know that cottage cheese is an excellent source of protein. The good thing is that it is also low-fat! Here’s a quick calorie count for this awesome recipe:
- Quarter cup low-fat cottage cheese: 40 calories
- English muffin: 120 calories
- Quarter sliced avocado: 68 calories
- 2 slices of tomato: 10 calories
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard: 5 calories
- 1 leaf butter lettuce: 5 calories
- Garlic powder to taste: 1 calorie
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped: 1 calorie
For a side snack, you can have 1 small banana and 1 piece of dark chocolate (130 calories)
2. Crunchy Tuna Wrap: 382 calories
Instead of using mayo in a wrap, you can consider using Greek yogurt. It is just as creamy, but really low fat and free of cholesterol. Here is the calorie count for a delicious tuna wrap.
- Half a 6-ounce can of tuna: 90 calories
- 1 whole wheat wrap: 130 calories
- Half a celery stalk chopped: 5 calories
- 3 slices roasted red peppers: 30 calories
- Quarter cup non-fat Greek yogurt: 30 calories
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice: 1 calorie
- 1 handful of baby spinach: 5 calories
For a side snack, you can have 1 full cup of cherries (90 calories).
There are so many recipes available on the internet that it is difficult to select the two best low calorie lunch recipes. However, we have the perfect two recipes for you, and you can easily alternate between the two. Stay fit and healthy with these two healthy ideas for your lunch happy-hour.